The most notable changes from Hour of Darkness include hidden content revolving around Laharl's primary vassal, Etna, as well as Ad-Hoc WiFi Multiplayer support.
- Battles against: Adell and Rozalin from Disgaea 2 Cursed Memories and Zetta from Makai Kingdom.
- Etna Mode: A story relating what would've happened if Etna killed Laharl at the beginning of the game.
- Item Sales - Allows you to set the price of items you have built & levelled for another player to buy
Note 1: You do NOT lose the item put up for sale Note 2: You do NOT receive HL from these Transactions
- Head-to-Head Battles - Face-off with a friend (or rival) in multiplayer combat!
Extra mulitplayer features, modes, and options unlock with more play
The UMD for Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness also includes PSP firmware update v3.51, the minimum required to play this game.
- At time of writing, the most current version of PSP firmware is v6.61
Comparison to other Versions
- Etna's NA version voice actor has been changed to Michelle Ruff.
- A few exclusive songs were removed.
- Has an option to turn off animation.
- AoD has none of the DS version's extended options.
- Has the Music Shop
- Has Multiplayer Mode
- Has Etna Mode
- You can fight Adell, Rozalin and Zetta, but you can't recruit them. Pleinair is also not available for recruiting.
- In the last stage in Cave of Ordeal, the Demonhall Mirror is present.
- Purchased songs can be selected for the Item World.
- Counter glitch present
- Glitched items present
- Record Keeper present
- No mini-map
- Good graphics quality
- Good audio quality
- Full voice acting
- Has no Prinny Commentary